× Members

Change of name - PIP and ESA (CB)

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #291997 by DarrenL
Change of name - PIP and ESA (CB) was created by DarrenL
I have recently changed my forename and surname to take those of my nans maiden name and my grandads middle name. My parents were really distant as a child and my nan bought me up. So changed name to honour her before I got to old.

I’ve sent letters to the DWP by recorded post to inform them of the change. I sent them by recorded.

But, since sending them I’ve been full of dread and anxiety that I get the dreaded reassessment letters.

I have a ten year ongoing award for PIP from last June at the enhanced rate for both. I have a Motability car. I am in the ESA CB support group.

But my mind is working overtime at a simple name change with the DWP.

Anybody else done a name change and it’s just gone through ok? I am fretting. :(

Would they ask me for reassessment do you think?

I am profoundly Deaf and dread communicating with DWP as it’s so long winded not being able to talk to them to explain.

Thanks everyone

DarrenL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #292012 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Change of name - PIP and ESA (CB)
Hi DarrenL

You do not have to follow a legal process to start using a new name. But you might need a ‘deed poll’ to apply for or to change official documents like your passport or driving licence. www.gov.uk/change-name-deed-poll.

You should not be asked for a reassessment due to a name change.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Charlie

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #292016 by DarrenL
Replied by DarrenL on topic Change of name - PIP and ESA (CB)
Thanks Gary, I’ve done the legal deed poll and supplied a copy to the DWP.

Just fretting a bit, we all know what they are like sometimes.

Thank again.

DarrenL

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #292037 by pomaus
Replied by pomaus on topic Change of name - PIP and ESA (CB)
You will not have any problems as long as you changed your name properly via a deedpoll.

I changed mine a couple of months ago, sent off the deed poll to the DWP along with an accompanying letter.

I had no problems whatsoever.

Hope this offers some reassurance to you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary, Charlie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.