× Members

PA4

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #292035 by jackslad
PA4 was created by jackslad
Right I received wife`s PA4 report.
At first I thought she had been sent the wrong interview, there is so much in it that was not said in the interview.
Wife gained the points she needed but I am concerned this report could be taken into account in the future and go against her.
As an example...says sometimes go to local shops which are 20 yards away, nearest shop is 2 miles away!!
Thoughts?
Moving on when the points boxes are ticked on PA4 form. Is that assessors opinion.?
Reason for asking on the "Engaging with others face to face" descriptor they have ticked b Needs prompting to be able to engage with other people 2 points.
But on the award notice it has come back as needing support to engage with other people from someone who is trained or experienced 4 points.
I don`t want DWP to turn around and say thanks for pointing that out we have dropped a clanger!!
This is vital as wife`s last award before this was early 2020...before the high court judgement on what counts as social support. Under the new rules she would have scored 4 points.. and I intend claiming back payment as she only scored 11 points in the past and obviously those 2 extra points would have put her in the enhanced category.
So it is a material difference.
Keep up the good work and enjoy this tropical weather we are having lol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #292047 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PA4
Hi jackslad

If your wife gained the points she needed then I personally would not bother, life is too short.

When you have an assessment, the assessor will give their opinion as to what points to award, the decision maker will take the report into account but can change which category to place the claimant in.

I had a claimant a few months ago, we got the assessors report and they awarded zero points, we started to prepare for the Mandatory Reconsideration, when we got the decision letter the decision maker had awarded standard for both components, which the claimant accepted.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 7 hours ago #292123 by jackslad
Replied by jackslad on topic PA4
Thank you Gary for the clarification on the points system,

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.