× Members

Pip review complete.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #292078 by pomaus
Pip review complete. was created by pomaus
Sorry to highjack thread but for some reason I can not start my own topic and I get an error message, is this because I am no longer a paid up member?

Lpot.
Good luck with your review, thankfully you did not have to go through the dreaded assessment.

Back in January, I asked for an early review due to a change in conditions.
I had a telephone assessment sometime in April I believe it was.
I was very fortunate to have a very nice and understanding nurse who carried out my assessment. I got the assessor report back just 2 days later and was myself shocked at how highly she scored me on all descriptors.
My only gripe was she recommended a 3 year award and so I wrote to the DWP stating that although I agreed with the points I scored, I disagreed with the length of the award recommended due to my condition being degenerative.

I got the actual decision makers' decision today, went from standard mobility to Enhanced and maintained my enhanced Daily Living and I was awarded 4 years...
I am still not happy with the 4 year award as it means I have to go through the ordeal of a review in 3 years when I suffer from severe mental health along with multiple degenerative physical conditions, but I am guessing that because I am still under 50, they will not consider a light touch award. still must be grateful and can breathe again for a few more years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #292086 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip review complete.
Hi pomaus

You can't post if you're not a member - so you must be.

Well done on getting an improved award - that is good to hear. Sorry it isn't as long as you hoped.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #292088 by pomaus
Replied by pomaus on topic Pip review complete.
Thank you BIS

And thank you to benefits and work.

The guides have always been an invaluable resource.

For anyone reading, always remember the words, reliably, safely and repeatedly on your claim form...

Also submitting a diary of how your condition effects you....

The one thing the Nurse said to me who carried out the assessment was how valuable a resource it was and gave her a very clear indication of how my disabilities affect me on a daily/weekly basis, especially as some of my symptoms fluctuate.

I was not even expecting to score the highest category for mobilising less than 20m as I was very clear in my form, diary and assessment that sometimes I can manage 100m+
However, the nurse actually disagreed with me and decided that because I was in severe pain all the time and could not repeat the task reliably, she disagreed with my descriptor and awarded the full points.

Maybe she was a one-off working for the DWP and I was lucky, but i sure wish there were more assessors like her, out there, who quite clearly put compassion and evidence before targets
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #292090 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip review complete.
Hi Pomaus

Thank you for that extra information - other members love to hear of positive experiences and any additional information that will help them complete their forms.

I think you were very lucky with your Nurse - but its good to be reminded that there are some professional and kind assessors.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.