× Members

Fesl12 letter looks suss update

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #292113 by jakkijax
Fesl12 letter looks suss was created by jakkijax
Hi. I've just received a fesl12 letter from a compliance officer saying they haven't a phone number for me and want me to ring them with it as they are missing some information about me.

Anyone had this letter ? Is it legit. What are they upto? Few typos etc on the letter too.

Interested in peiples experiences re this.

My esa was extended due to covid toll feb 2026 so don't understand what's going on.

Thanks jak

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #292131 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Fesl12 letter looks suss
j

It's possible it is a scam, the easiest way to find out is to ring the DWP ESA team on 0800 169 0310.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jakkijax

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #292132 by jakkijax
Replied by jakkijax on topic Fesl12 letter looks suss
Thanks. I will do that. The woman did call me back after I left my number on her answer phone. She says she's calling back at 1pm for compliance interview. I'll keep you informed

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #292145 by jakkijax
Replied by jakkijax on topic Fesl12 letter looks suss
Hi just an update, so the lady has just phoned me for my compliance interview…
She started off reading the legal stuff and I thought ey up somethings wrong here…

She asked me if I had bank accounts at different banks, isa, bonds etc.

Did I have a lodger, partner etc…

Answered her honestly, I asked her if this was a random check and she said yes initially then said no.

She went on to say that in 2020/21 my savings went over 6k by 800£. I explained covid and no shops etc open so imagine most people would have a bit of extra.

I explained I spend via credit card and that payment goes out monthly. So my account may slightly go over 6k temporarily but soon dips back down once credit card is payed.

She said that was feasible but wants a recent statement to close the case ?

My qs are:
What case?
And am I legally bound to send her my bank statement ?

Thanks. Jak

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #292151 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Fesl12 letter looks suss
Hi Jakkijax

Yes, you do need to send her a copy of your bank statement.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jakkijax

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292321 by jakkijax
Replied by jakkijax on topic Fesl12 letter looks suss update
So, the Dwp lady said on the phone interview (I recorded) only wants one statement from 2022. Now the letter has arrived they want a whole year of statements 2022/2023. Which is fine I’m not hiding anything. But as I told her Covid did put most peoples “savings” up…

She has just called me again and I’ve had a bit of a melt down.

She said that if anyone on ESA goes over 6k HMRC flag it up to them to investigate …. Seems suss to me that…
Then she went on to say from the info I have given her over the phone I have nothing to worry about and the case will be closed once they receive the info requested.

I said I don’t appreciate been called a thief and liar and she said that wasn’t the case, she also said that most people don’t answer the phone to her, they don’t send in the information requested …. I just wonder what the repercussions of that are.

Hope this info helps

Jax

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.