× Members

Telephone assessment recordings

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292180 by pipsqueak
Telephone assessment recordings was created by pipsqueak
So I had my telephone assessment this morning. It went as expected. superficial, uninterested, going through the motion, etc. One thing I did not realise, is that if a one way recording of the conversation, that is to say only you record the conversation, it cannot be used as evidence. This is what the disclaimer they read out to you says. Except it went too fast for me and I said I had understood when really I had not understood correctly.
It's only reading the transcript of the conversation that I realised that just me recording the assessment is only meant for personal use. That if I wanted to use it as evidence, then it would have to be a two way recording. The disclaimer also says that they can prosecute me if I use it incorrectly. So I won't be able to use it as evidence of poor quality assessment, which is what it was.
This needs to be made clear to people.
I feel even more deflated now. I've been so stressed by it all but had been thinking that at least I could rely on the recording to show how it went, if need be.
Now I have to wait "6 to 8 weeks" for the DWP's decision, which I don't expect to be positive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Dellilah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292189 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Telephone assessment recordings
ps

Yes, the actual recording is for your personal use but that does not prevent you from providing a transcript of that recording and a Tribunal Judge does have the authority to order the disclosure of the recording.

As to prosecution, I'm not aware of anybody being prosecuted for using the recording if that is limited to the DWP or a Tribunal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, pipsqueak, Dellilah

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292191 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Telephone assessment recordings
Pipsqueak, you could’ve asked them to record it then you both have a copy. It helps when they start their nonsense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292201 by pipsqueak
Replied by pipsqueak on topic Telephone assessment recordings
The irony is that, as an autistic person, this is a good example of information I just don't understand straight away. I think I do but really I don't.... If only I had understood this correctly at the time and, even better if the information had been correctly spelt out to me ahead of the meeting, they could have rescheduled it so that it could be been recorded "two ways". I'm so angry with myself...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, Dellilah

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292207 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Telephone assessment recordings
Hi pipsqueak

Don't beat yourself up over it, everything is much easier with hindsight.

Don't forget to contact DWP and ask for a copy of the assessors report called a PA4, the report will give you the heads up as to how you got on.

Sometimes the decision maker will not follow what the assessor has written.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pipsqueak, Dellilah

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292208 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Telephone assessment recordings
I got you pipsqueak. The assessor went on so much about how I could change my mind at any time about the recording, that I almost pulled out just in case I said something that went against me. But I’m glad that I didn’t as when I thought about it later, they would probably be recording it anyway, & I’d be the one without a recording. At least you have the recording.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pipsqueak, Dellilah

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.