× Members

No back pay … yet

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #292222 by Emanie
No back pay … yet was created by Emanie
Hi,
I got my enhanced mobility notification in March this year after being asked to send in my review last year in March. I have gone from standard mobility so I expected to see a lump sum for one year.

Nothing has been received other than the normal monthly payments.

Should I keep waiting and hoping or am I supposed to call the DWP to claim the back pay? I’m not keen on that idea, and it has taken me 2 months of wondering if I even have the nerve to ask about it here.

I would really appreciate any help. Thank you. Em.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #292242 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic No back pay … yet
Hi Emanie

There seems to be an inconsistent process to whether people receive back pay and how far it even goes back. I would ring the DWP and ask.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emanie

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #292248 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic No back pay … yet
E

What is the Effective date of the Decision?

If it is 2023 then you are owed a back payment. I'm afraid that if it is 2024 then you are not although you can challenge this date via an MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 15 hours ago #292297 by Emanie
Replied by Emanie on topic No back pay … yet
Thank you. They asked me for a review in February 2023. I believe the effective date will be from then, but not having the letter in front of me I can’t be sure.

It sounds like I am going to have a long and frustrating time trying to call them.

Oh joy.

More
3 weeks 15 hours ago #292299 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic No back pay … yet
Hi Emanie

Any back date will be from when a decision has been made, unless you contacted DWP for a change in circumstances.

Gary

More
3 weeks 14 hours ago #292304 by Robbie
Replied by Robbie on topic No back pay … yet

Hi Emanie Any back date will be from when a decision has been made, unless you contacted DWP for a change in circumstances. Gary
My understanding is that if a PIP award increases as a result of a planned intervention (i.e. the DWP send out a review form because the review date has been reached) then the supersession / effective date of decision is the date that the review form is sent out. This happened with my PIP, I was awarded the standard daily living component of PIP (having previously only been in receipt of the standard mobility compment) following a DWP instigated review (my PIP review date was reeached) and the date of decision was set at the date the review form was sent to me. As a result I received a large amount of arrears.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris