× Members

No back pay … yet

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #292222 by Emanie
No back pay … yet was created by Emanie
Hi,
I got my enhanced mobility notification in March this year after being asked to send in my review last year in March. I have gone from standard mobility so I expected to see a lump sum for one year.

Nothing has been received other than the normal monthly payments.

Should I keep waiting and hoping or am I supposed to call the DWP to claim the back pay? I’m not keen on that idea, and it has taken me 2 months of wondering if I even have the nerve to ask about it here.

I would really appreciate any help. Thank you. Em.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292242 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic No back pay … yet
Hi Emanie

There seems to be an inconsistent process to whether people receive back pay and how far it even goes back. I would ring the DWP and ask.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emanie

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #292248 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic No back pay … yet
E

What is the Effective date of the Decision?

If it is 2023 then you are owed a back payment. I'm afraid that if it is 2024 then you are not although you can challenge this date via an MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #292297 by Emanie
Replied by Emanie on topic No back pay … yet
Thank you. They asked me for a review in February 2023. I believe the effective date will be from then, but not having the letter in front of me I can’t be sure.

It sounds like I am going to have a long and frustrating time trying to call them.

Oh joy.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #292299 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic No back pay … yet
Hi Emanie

Any back date will be from when a decision has been made, unless you contacted DWP for a change in circumstances.

Gary

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #292304 by Robbie
Replied by Robbie on topic No back pay … yet

Hi Emanie Any back date will be from when a decision has been made, unless you contacted DWP for a change in circumstances. Gary
My understanding is that if a PIP award increases as a result of a planned intervention (i.e. the DWP send out a review form because the review date has been reached) then the supersession / effective date of decision is the date that the review form is sent out. This happened with my PIP, I was awarded the standard daily living component of PIP (having previously only been in receipt of the standard mobility compment) following a DWP instigated review (my PIP review date was reeached) and the date of decision was set at the date the review form was sent to me. As a result I received a large amount of arrears.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.