× Members

No back pay … yet

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #292311 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic No back pay … yet
R

I'm afraid it is not that black and white.

If the claimant initiates the review then any new award should be based on the date that the Change was notified.

If it is the DWP then the date of the award will be the date of the Decision.

However, the Decision Maker does have the authority to use another date and we have seen them using this discretion with a number of member's claims to backdate to the date the review was initiated, it will likely boil down to what the claimant wrote in their review form.

The Effective Date is an appealable component of the Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robbie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 days 19 hours ago #292642 by Emanie
Replied by Emanie on topic No back pay … yet
I am a bit confused but I am pants at maths. I did call last week and asked. Was told it was in the pipeline and was transferred to a man who actioned the back pay.
I worked out that going from standard to enhanced mobility would bet me about £450.
They sent me over £2000. I’m not understanding why but I’m not keen to ask. They said they would write to me with their maths but it hasn’t arrived yet.

More
4 days 17 hours ago #292644 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic No back pay … yet
Hi Emanie

We can not answer your query as we have no idea of your circumstances.

You will receive a letter from DWP on how they have worked out the backdate, as a guess, you may have asked for a change of circumstances, in which case the backdate will go back to the date of the phone call, but it is only a guess.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 days 17 hours ago #292646 by Robbie
Replied by Robbie on topic No back pay … yet

I am a bit confused but I am pants at maths. I did call last week and asked. Was told it was in the pipeline and was transferred to a man who actioned the back pay. I worked out that going from standard to enhanced mobility would bet me about £450. They sent me over £2000. I’m not understanding why but I’m not keen to ask. They said they would write to me with their maths but it hasn’t arrived yet.
Your PIP review award letter should tell you when the increased mobility component is payable from. That will be the date that it has been backdated to. You won't necessarily receive a separate letter to tell you what the arrears were and what period they cover. Do you still have the decision letter awarding you enhanced mobility? What date is the "from" date? Also, what is the date the award letter was sent to you?

Based on the arrears you have received (£2,000+), it looks like the difference between enhanced mobility and standard mobility for about a year.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.