× Members

What does 'present' mean?

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292295 by mumsgirl
What does 'present' mean? was created by mumsgirl
I got a copy of my notes and the GP wrote "she was present for a wee while". What does that mean? I think it's in relation to have fibromyalgia but not 100% sure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292312 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic What does 'present' mean?
Hi mumsgirl,
I have no idea what the sentence means.
Possible suggestions- did someone enter/exit the assessment room during the assessment?
I have heard a similar expression - present in the room, when someone flits in and out of consciousness. Maybe something like that?
However, whilst claimant's often complain that they disagree with the contents of their reports, at the very least a claimant should be able to understand the report!
I'm sorry on this occasion I can't help further.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mumsgirl

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292345 by mumsgirl
Replied by mumsgirl on topic What does 'present' mean?
It wasn't an assessment. It was just a GP appointment about my fibromyalgia. No one came into the room. I thought it meant something to do with my mind.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292348 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic What does 'present' mean?
Out of curiosity are you in Scotland or is the GP Scottish. Sounds like the GP is just saying that you were there for quite some time. Whether he/she is being sarcastic or not is another matter! Odd thing to put on your file though as doesn’t serve any purpose unless there is a bit more info that puts the statement into some context. Maybe covering themselves if surgery keeps eye on how long a patient is in the room. Maybe running behind keeping patients waiting and wanted to clarify why he/she was behind. Can’t see it having anything to do with medical issues/consiousness/etc…or your fibromyalgia.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292350 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic What does 'present' mean?
Hi Mumsgirl,
I apologise that I misunderstood. I thought you meant a GP assessor!
Equally odd thing for a GP to write too!
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292405 by mumsgirl
Replied by mumsgirl on topic What does 'present' mean?
I googled and it said this "Being present (or living mindfully, whatever you want to call it) simply means you’re focused and engaged in the here and now, not distracted or mentally absent." So I guess it means I was focused and engaged for a wee (little) time but not the whole time. It happened during my consultation for my fibromyalgia. Unfortunately I can't ask her as she is on long term sick leave.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.