× Members

Improved Change of circumstances

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #292356 by tebor1978
Improved Change of circumstances was created by tebor1978
Hi

Following a change in medication, certain aspects of condition have improved to the point where I am considering going back to work part-time. I am aware that these changes will have to be reported and that they may ultimately affect the amount of award I receive. The questions I have are:

1) Once I have reported my changes, will my benefit be stopped immediately pending a new review of my case and a new assessment?

Or

Will I still continue to receive my award until my case has been reassessed considering the change in circumstances?

2) If the answer to question 1 is the latter (I would hope that this is the case), is there any indication of currently how long these reviews are taking? Day, weeks, months?

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #292395 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Improved Change of circumstances
Hello tebor1978,

What good news! It is great to hear that someone has improved, particularly to the point where they need less support from the benefits system.

I am only trying to answer your question since I see that all the other mods are also circumventing which probably means that none of know the precise answer. So here is my best guess, and perhaps some of our members can help out.

From your previous posts it would seem that you are receiving both ESA and PIP. I say that because it is possible that your PIP might continue even if you are able to go back to work - but that would depend on why you were awarded your PIP.

It might be wise to try a little work (or even forcing yourself into a work regime), within the restrictions of your current award, to see how it goes. I am currently supporting a gentleman who like yourself thought that he could go back to work, but reality of the pressure of the work environment unfortunately proved too much for him.

Reporting a change in circumstances should not in itself stop your payments, unless you actually tell them to stop them. If you simply say that your circumstances seem to have improved and you request a review that should have the affect you are looking for.

I would guess the length of time would be months, but not many of them. Reviews seem to be taking ages at the moment, but I suspect that they will fast track change of circumstance reviews for obvious reasons.

I am really hoping that someone in our community has recent first hand experience of this,

Wishing you success in this new phase of your life,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.