× Members

DWP text message and possible scam

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292364 by Chris
DWP text message and possible scam was created by Chris
Hi All,

I recieved a text message on Friday 7th June totally out of the blue and it was from DWP I believe, as it went into my other DWP based messages, however I am aware that scammers can clone the numbers. The text read " We tried to call you about your Personal Independence Payment claim but couldn't contact you. We'll ring you on "today between 3.15pm and 4.15pm". This number may be shown as unknown or begin with 0800. On both ocassions, no one tried to call me. So I rang the PIP enquiry helpline to find out what this out of the blue text message was in relation too, especially considering that my PIP award was given to me until 2027. I called at 16.13pm and waited till 16.58pm without an answer, so as of yet, I've no idea what this is about, but anyone else this has happened to, please follow up on this thread to advise others who may be worried about similar things happening to them.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Wendy Woo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292371 by Mollie
Replied by Mollie on topic DWP text message and possible scam
You could check the number on the following site.
who-called.co.uk/
If others have checked the number on the site and left comments it gives you an idea of who you are dealing with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292414 by Donna2512
Replied by Donna2512 on topic DWP text message and possible scam
Chris I have had a text from DWP with that exact wording and it was legitimate however that isn't to say that yours isn't a scam as they are increasingly sophisticated these days.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292442 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic DWP text message and possible scam
Hi Donna,

Do you mind me asking you what they wanted ? Just I've not heard back from them.

Thank you.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292458 by Donna2512
Replied by Donna2512 on topic DWP text message and possible scam
It was just to clarify a couple of points from what turned out to be a paper assessment. They did stick to the time specified for me. I wonder whether they have sent a text to the wrong number?

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292478 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic DWP text message and possible scam
Hi Donna,

I eventually recieved a call today - it was to ask if I felt I was getting the correct amount with standard on both, and if my circumstances had changed, to which I told them they had since my last award, but I am awaiting on results of tests and possible increase in medication, before going back to them.

Thank you for your reply though :)

Chris.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Donna2512

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.