× Members

Are physiotherapist letters , diagnostics taken into ac in ESA or PIP assessment

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #292372 by VIA
Dear fellow members and moderators,

Do you know if physiotherapist letters, observations and diagnostics are taken into account in ESA or PIP assessments.

I am asking this, because I thought I read somewhere, maybe mistaken that they are not taken into account unless it comes from a Doctor or Orthopaedic surgeon of some sort and I remember that at the time I read this I was taken back as I always thought physiotherapist letters and written observations were taken into account as it is still medical evidence.

Lately I was assessed by an MSK advanced physiotherapist who pressed against my hands, fingers and wrist said I did not have a lot of strength.

She also in her letter wrote that Phalen’s test was positive for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. (I was also diagnosed on Xray as having osteoarthritis in my fingers, with osteophytes deforming my fingers)

I would like to use this Advanced Physiotherapist letter when the time comes for ESA and PIP purposes and hope it will be taken into account as medical evidence but I wanted to double check with you.

Thank you.
Best wishes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #292377 by Catherine
Hello VIA,
I would certainly recommend that you include the Physio's letter, it can only help. How much weight they give to any particular bit of evidence is hard to say since it definately varies, as much by assessor as it the author of the evidence. But any evidence, whether it is a letter from a medical professional or a letter from someone who knows the applicant well all helps to build the broader picture.
Sorry this is not a more definitive answer,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.