× Members

Advice

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292413 by Cheryl
Advice was created by Cheryl
I am feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of appealing to the HM courts and tribunal service.
I have missed the one month deadline as the letter dated the 10th did not arrive till the 17th.
I don’t really understand how to respond to the reasons for appealing questions.
Do I repeat my original answer or am I just not understanding the process.
I realise these questions may have been answered already but I am not well enough to scroll through to find the answers.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I don’t have any support from family and friends seem to be busy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292419 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Advice
Hi Cheryl

Follow the link for the Guide to PIP Appeals - benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip (Scroll down the page to PIP Appeals and it's the first item)

Look in the guide at Page 10 and 11.

Firstly you will see the "Grounds for Appeal." You don't have to write what you wrote before; you have to say why you disagree with their decision.

Secondly - you will see "Appeal Time Limit." You have already said you are going to be late and therefore you MUST give a reason. You can say you weren't aware of the system and the letter took a long time to arrive.

If you want some help on what to write, there are two more guides which you can find on the same page as the link above.

"PIP Mandatory Reconsideration and Appeal Submissions"—It is not very long and has some sample answers. I don't know whether it is relevant to you, but often, you can replace one medical condition with another.

Best Possible Ways to Challenge a PIP medical report - there are 50 examples with text - so you might find help in there.

Come back and ask if you have any further questions.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dellilah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid