× Members

Advice please.

More
1 week 6 days ago #292439 by Wayne10cc
Advice please. was created by Wayne10cc
Hi everyone
My wife and I are both on ESA (support group). Unfortunately we are in the process of separating, meaning our benefits will need to be reviewed individually I assume. Please could anyone tell me if, as we’re already on ESA with housing benefit, we would remain on ESA individually, or would we have to migrate to UC? Any help or a point in the right direction would be much appreciated.
Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #292441 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Advice please.
W10cc

When you say that you are both on ESA could you explain further?

Is one of you receiving legacy ESA, Income Related or Contribution Based and the other on legacy ESA(CB) or New Style ESA, or, do you both receive NS ESA?

Or, is only one of you receiving Legacy ESA(IR) and the other is counted as part of their household? If this is the case then only the person with the award is entitled to ESA and the other, if unable to work due to disability or illness, will have to claim NS ESA if they can meet the Contribution Conditions and/or Universal Credit and ask to be assessed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.