× Members

ESA / UC MIGRATION

More
1 week 1 day ago #292477 by Brian1888
ESA / UC MIGRATION was created by Brian1888
I am in support group of ESA and have some questions once migration happens from ESA to UC.

Is it automatic you are placed in equivalent group of UC ?

Do you always have to provide fit notes ?

Do you always have to attend a WCA?

Do ESA and UC systems talk to each other ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 1 day ago #292510 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA / UC MIGRATION
Hi Brian1888

I will try to answer your questions;

1) You should automatically be placed in the LCWRA group providing there is no break in claiming UC not even one day
2) You do not need to provide a fit note if you are going from ESA support to UC LCWRA, some coaches may insist on you providing one but they are incorrect.
3) No, most WCA are done over the phone although we do hear on the forum where some claimants have had a face to face for a WCA.
4) I believe most systems within DWP now talk to each other, which is why we are seeing more claimants with benefit reductions, especially those claiming UC and recently in the news claimants claiming Carers Allowance.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Dellilah, Brian1888

More
1 week 1 day ago #292526 by clearwater
Replied by clearwater on topic ESA / UC MIGRATION
Hi Gary
Re above

You should automatically be placed in the LCWRA does this include for WRAG LCW as well?

And also the sick note is that not needed for WRAG LCW?
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

More
1 week 18 hours ago #292544 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic ESA / UC MIGRATION
Hi Clearwater,

I had to submit my fitnotes on UC whilst they checked out the UC50 form. I was placed in the LCW group, despite believing I should've been in the LCWRA, especially when I met the descriptors, but I took it to the courts tribunal, and they kept me on LCW.
The LCW group, all I've been expected to do was things to keep myself active - online courses, walks for mental health, and I've been in that since January 2023.
Hope this helps.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: clearwater, VIA

More
1 week 17 hours ago #292545 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA / UC MIGRATION
cw

Yes, it applies to LCW as well.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: clearwater, VIA

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.