× Members

PIP review - face to face

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292484 by Rachel
PIP review - face to face was created by Rachel
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have received my renewal form and will be sending back this week. If a decision cannot be made by my form/evidence, do I have to have another assessment. And if so, does it have to be face to face or can it be over the phone?
Also,
Does anyone know the current wait times for a renewal decision.
Thanks
Rachel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292488 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP review - face to face
Hi Rachel

I don't know whether you have used your real name as your user name - but if you have you ought to change it as these posts can be seen on the wider internet. Follow the instructions on the link - scroll down the page, and it's under "Forum' benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/forum

Any claimant who returns a review form will be assessed. This assessment can be telephone, video, face-to-face, or paper-based

At present, most assessments are telephone. Less than a third are paper-based, and very few face-to-face assessments are being carried out. If you are unhappy with the assessment you are offered, you can ask for a change - but they don't have to agree.

After you send back your review form, it is difficult to know how long you will have to wait until you hear about an assessment. This could be anything from six weeks - to four or five months and, at worst, eighteen months! After the assessment has taken place it can be anything from four to eight weeks - could be longer -to receive the decision letter.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dellilah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid