× Members

UC WCA Telephone Consult

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292490 by Steven
UC WCA Telephone Consult was created by Steven
I received a letter today with a telephone appointment for a wca. There's no chance I'd manage to speak to a total stranger on the phone . Can my spouse speak on my behalf as she knows all about my health conditions.

I'm already feeling sick with anxiety... :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292514 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC WCA Telephone Consult
Hi Steven

Unless your spouse is your appointee (www.gov.uk/become-appointee-for-someone-claiming-benefits), then the assessor will want to speak to you initially. If you are unable to complete the assessment then they may close down the appointment as a no show.
Do you have a letter from your doctor stating that you suffer from Overwhelming Psychological Distress (OPD), if you have then you may be able to request a paper assessment, especially if you have a lot of supporting evidence from support workers, CPN's, psychologist.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #292525 by Steven
Replied by Steven on topic UC WCA Telephone Consult
My wife usually deals with the benefits - she filled in the UC50.

Along with the UC50, we enclosed a letter from the doctor that states that I suffer from overwhelming psychological distress but they've still sent out a letter for a telephone appointment.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid