× Members

Sending further evidence

More
3 months 1 week ago #292504 by drgbaldwin
Sending further evidence was created by drgbaldwin
Hi, can anyone help me please? I sent my PIP renewal forms off in January, however the day they received my renewal form I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis and Psoriatic arthritis.

I didn’t answer Question 12. Moving Around.

However now, I am struggling to move around, have been for ages, but never mentioned it because I hadn’t seen a rheumatologist at the time. So after seeing one and him diagnosing me with arthritis I’m not sure what to do.

I’ve not heard anything back from the DWP about my forms, except the 12 week mark saying they still have my forms.
I also fear having to go for assessment, as around 6 years ago after assessment, I was brutally denied it on false accusations from the assessor.
I then lost appeal.
Once again, I applied for pip, got pushed back at assessment and after 17 long months, losing our house and almost my job, I got award at trial.
Further along, my last renewal in 2021, I was award high rate car, low rate mobility without any assessment.
I’m not looking to get any more PIP, unless awarded, but I’m so fearful of the prospect of an assessment, I’m unsure what to do.

Any advise would be greatful.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #292511 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Sending further evidence
Hello drgbaldwin,

It is so difficult to face another round of assessments after such a bad experience. Only you can say if it is worth it for you, but I believe the majority of our members would say fight on.

As to your current application, I would suggest that you send in the evidence regarding your recent diagnosis and explain that your mobility is now getting worse so you would like to give some updated information to be considered in assessing your award. You have a possible hurdle because you need to have been experiencing the problems for 3 months and you do not make it clear when your mobility became a significant issue.

If you have not passed that magic date, or they decline to accept the updated information you might wish to go down the route of a change of circumstances.

I hope there is an easy resolution for you,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.