× Members

PIP and mobility part

More
1 week 15 hours ago #292549 by Lilly
PIP and mobility part was created by Lilly
Hi
Just a question I read that the mobility part of PIP is not given if you are pension age
then I read it is
So I simply don’t know
I was receiving PIP before I retired and continue to get PIP now
I informed the DWP almost two years ago that my mobility was very bad they told me
I can’t get the mobility part or get a lease car as my physical disability was after I became a pensioner
I find it really difficult to understand that the mobility of older people becomes an issue as you get older but the DWP don’t allow the mobility component
I am also being told that they are going to change this so people on attendance allowance will get the mobility part and in effect be able to get a lease car
Can anyone put me right on the rules on any of the above please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 13 hours ago #292554 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP and mobility part
Hi Lilly

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

It can be confusing, for claimants who receive the mobility component of PIP before they reach state pension age or claimants who applied for PIP, before state pension age and they are successful with their claim after state pension age then they can continue to receive the mobility component of PIP after state pension age.

If a claimant only receives the standard mobility component or no mobility component when they reach state pension age they will not be allowed to apply for a change of circumstances if their mobility gets worse, if their daily living gets worse they can apply for a change of circumstances to try and increase the daily living component.

I am not aware that DWP are looking to add the mobility component to AA, they used to have the mobility component, the benefit was called Disability Living Allowance (DLA).

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 days 16 hours ago #292563 by Slim
Replied by Slim on topic PIP and mobility part
I am in same as yourself , can't understand it all

More
4 days 14 hours ago #292581 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP and mobility part
Hi Slim

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

If you do not understand we would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk , they will be able to explain the process to you.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.