× Members

ESA

More
3 months 1 week ago #292579 by Sashtom79
ESA was created by Sashtom79
Hi!
I sent a letter a version of a COC with evidence. I sent it on the 24/05 and haven’t heard back yet do you think I should call them for a update? Or leave alone? I made a grave error sending in the first place.. I’m a in patient in hospital for my mental health and have been for the last 6 months. Do you think DWP will send a COC form to here? Would they call me for an assessment? I maybe will be discharged in a month. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #292620 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA
Hi Sashtom79

As they say, let sleeping dogs lie. You have not said which type of ESA you are/were receiving.

Do you have anyone at home who will keep an eye out for your post. The forms are sent to your main postal address.

Would they call me for an assessment. - It would depend on your supporting evidence, if your doctor states you suffer from Overwhelming Psychological distress then you may get away with a paper assessment.

We would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 months 1 week ago #292622 by Sashtom79
Replied by Sashtom79 on topic ESA
Hi Gary,
I’m on contribution ESA and currently in support group. However that could change unfortunately…

My address is the hospital, would that make a difference?

If I’m discharged will need to speak to them won’t I for change of address?

Thanks

More
3 months 1 week ago #292623 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA
Hi Sashtom79

As you are in receipt of CB ESA then being in hospital will not stop your claim, you are already in receipt of ESA support, there is no need to report a change of circumstances unless your health condition improves.

When you come out of hospital and change your address, you then need to let DWP know your new address, if you do not change address on a permanent basis then you do not need to contact DWP.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid