× Members

Wife coming to pension age

More
1 week 2 days ago #292628 by pauls1
Wife coming to pension age was created by pauls1
My wife will be coming up for state pension in about 4 months , we are both on new style ESA support group claiming seperatly

Will I need to inform DWP that my wife will be recieving pension , I will not receive state pension for another few years

We are aware that we will have to inform DWP about my wife's pension starting

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 1 day ago #292635 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Wife coming to pension age
Hi Pauls1

They should know and you should hear from them, but if you've had nothing within a fortnight of her starting to receive it - get in touch with them.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pauls1

More
1 week 1 day ago #292636 by pauls1
Replied by pauls1 on topic Wife coming to pension age
Thanks , will this affect my contribution based ESA in any way and do I need to inform them

More
1 week 1 day ago #292643 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Wife coming to pension age
Hi pauls1

As you are both in receipt of NS ESA which is contribution based your partners income is not taken into consideration. You do not need to inform DWP, they already have details.

Your wife’s NS ESA will stop one day before her state pension age, your NS ESA will carry on.

Your wife should be notified 3 months before her state pension age by letter, she has to apply for her state pension. If she does not receive a letter inviting her to apply then she will need to contact the Pension Service. The application only takes a few minutes.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pauls1

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris