× Members

Migrating from cbESA to UC

More
3 months 1 week ago #292632 by Louisabear
Migrating from cbESA to UC was created by Louisabear
Hi there, My husband and I have just received a letter saying we are being migrated to UC. He has Income Support and Carers Allowance and I get PIP and cbESA. From all the info I have found my cbESA shouldn’t be migrated but they are saying we need to make a joint claim. Can you help me to understand this please? Also we don’t have a computer to do it online. Plus was wondering if I have to do a joint account would I have to fill in the medical form? And if so could I have a paper form like all the others we have had to do. Would be very grateful if you could help us with all this. Thank you Sharon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #292647 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Migrating from cbESA to UC
Hi Louisabear

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

Thank you for your question, it is complicated but I will try and break it down.

1) You are quite correct when you say that your CB ESA will not be affected by the migration.
2) You do need to make a joint claim as your income will be taken into account for UC
3) Are you receiving CB ESA and in the support group? if you are, then you should not initially have to complete a new WCA form, you will at some stage after be sent a review form.
4) you will have to do a joint claim.
5) UC is digital by default but they do offer support to claimants who do not have access to computers, you need to contact the UC helpline: 0800 328 5644/5646/9344

You may want to seek help and advice from your local Welfare Rights Otganisation; advicelocal.uk .

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid