× Members

PIP waiting on an outcome

More
3 months 1 week ago #292669 by Bugsy1943
PIP waiting on an outcome was created by Bugsy1943
Hello i am just wondering how long it is taking PIP to assess the forms ?
i have now been waiting 8 months! my award which i have now, runs out in july,
i have had a reminder to renew my blue badge put can not do this until i get a award and they are saying it is a wait for a badge upto 12 weeks!!!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #292674 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic PIP waiting on an outcome
Hi Bugsy1943,
It does take along time to get a decision. The wait depends on the area you live. If you are worried about your blue badge you can do a full application. If you get a qualifying PIP mobility award then you can simply tick the box and then nit have yo fill out the rest of the form. Otherwise you can complete the form which is a bit tedious, but then the council can still award you the blue badge.
You may wish to consider this.
I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by LL26. Reason: Spelling

More
3 months 1 week ago #292712 by Saffron5
Replied by Saffron5 on topic PIP waiting on an outcome
I was in the same position I rang council about blue badge they said do the application and write on it that you are awaiting pip review
I sent a few pieces of medical evidence and copy of pip reward letter and I have just received blue badge for next 3 years. I did wait about 8 weeks though. They were very helpful when I called.
As for pip review I've been waiting since beginning of September and I've just had a letter extending claim for 12 months.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LL26

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.