× Members

New UC migration cancellation?

More
3 months 5 days ago #292750 by Ukstevo7
New UC migration cancellation? was created by Ukstevo7
I read in the paper today this “ Full list of benefits that WON’T have payments stopped and be moved onto Universal Credit”.

HUNDREDS of thousands of households are being moved to Universal Credit as part of a legacy benefits shake-up.

This process has been accelerated as the Government is aiming to move all claimants across by 2025

Letters started going out in March, giving people instructions on how to switch and the deadline they needed to take action by.

Failure to apply to Universal Credit within that deadline means that your benefit payments will stop abruptly, and you could miss out on transitional protections such as changes to eligibility criteria and payment top-ups.

However, the DWP has also confirmed that some people will not be moving to Universal Credit.

People who only receive “new style” benefits

If you currently only get New Style Employment and Support Allowance (ESA (C) or New Style Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA (C), then you will not be asked to move to Universal Credit.

Instead, you’ll continue to receive the benefits you’re already getting.

my question is what does this actually mean? Does this mean it’s for everyone like me on esa with the support group and sdp,?

What about if u get that and hb?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 4 days ago #292778 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic New UC migration cancellation?
Hi UKstevo7

It has been in the news for a few weeks now, if you have signed up for the free B&W newsletter you would have been notified about the acceleration.

UC migration only affects means tested benefits, contribution based benefits such as CB JSA, CB ESA and NS ESA are not affected.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 months 4 days ago #292781 by Ukstevo7
Replied by Ukstevo7 on topic New UC migration cancellation?
Hi. Yes I get your letter and know about the migration, it’s just this was news that now many it says WON’T now be moved.

I can’t understand who is and when. I get esa with the premiums all of them support group etc. and I get housing benefit to pay the rent for half of the house I don’t own with shared ownership, I already almost paid off my half. And I get the max PIP until 2030 ongoing. It’s just in the news letter u sent and the news over the last few months it said all of us had been moved from 2028 to this yr. but then yesterday there was a new update from the DWP about many now not been moved. So I can’t understand who or when. If they just added the support group and premium to UC then all of us disabled would not be stressed about this move as it’s literally just a money claw back from the most in need. It’s cruel. They need to add them as atm without them it’s like they don’t even acknowledge we are a thing! Not once have any of the party’s even mentioned disabled, except to say they would force into work because we all want that to cure us. But nothing about support or help returned that’s been taken away with UC. The worst thing the Tory’s created in my opinion. IDS should try live like us and see true life.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.