× Members

ESA

More
3 months 2 days ago #292800 by Olive
ESA was created by Olive
Hi,

If you were awarded LCWRA a few years ago (and it is still ongoing) and if you now apply for NS ESA:-

1) would you write on the ESA50 form that you were awarded LCWRA a few years ago and it is still ongoing?

2) will the HCA be able to see on their computer that you have LCWRA at present, and would it be taken into account when they do their assessment of you?

3) would you not mention it on the ESA50 form?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 hours ago #292863 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA
Hi Olive

Why would you want to apply for NS ESA?

To apply for NS ESA, you must have;

1) in one of the two relevant tax years, paid, or be treated as having paid, Class1 contributions (and worked and paid in at least 26 weeks in one of these years), or paid, or be treated as having paid, Class 2 contributions, at least 26 times the lower earnings limit; and

2) during both the relevant tax years, paid, be treated as having paid, or been credited with Class 1 or 2 contributions at least 50 times the lower earnings limit.

Relevant Tax Years: the relevant years are the last 2 complete tax years (6 April - 5 April) before the current benefit year.

Benefit Year: runs from the first Sunday in January.

We would advise you to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Olive

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #292878 by Olive
Replied by Olive on topic ESA
Thank you Gary

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #292889 by Olive
The reason I want to apply for NS ESA again is because I receive no money payment for my current LWCRA award.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292941 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA
Hi Olive

That is a question to ask your local Welfare Rights Organisation, if you have been awarded LCWRA then I do not understand why you have not received a payment, it will depend on your circumstances.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Olive

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292959 by Olive
Thank you Gary.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid