× Members

Update on Mandatory Reconsideration Request

More
3 months 11 hours ago #292843 by Donna2512
Wrote asking them to reconsider the length of daughter's award confirming I was happy with the award itself. Wrote a very short letter fundamentally explaining that her autism was a lifelong disorder, she hasn't made gains in the last eight or nine years despite extensive health and education input and so a 3 year award seemed somewhat short in light of this..
Phone call this morning to let me know decision maker had made it five years now explaining ten year award only for those within 2 years of pension age. No idea whether that's a new policy or a lie though as son has a ten year award and he most definitely isn't pension age. I'm pretty happy with five years though as hadn't really expected it to change.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 hours ago #292860 by BIS
Hi Donna2512

I'm glad that you got another two years. As you say, it is disappointing that your daughter wasn't awarded the ten. I can't clarify whether what you were told is true - but it is well known that they have shortened award lengths, and I haven't heard of many people being awarded ongoing awards recently.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donna2512

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.