× Members

Evaluation

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #292887 by colin123456
Evaluation was created by colin123456
Hi I have an indefinite award, but had an email from GOV saying that I should change over to attendance allowance from my wife’s carers allowance., Is this true. If your advice is to change from carers allowance would I need to take an evaluation. I had a pip medical only 2 years ago.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292927 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Evaluation
Hi colin123456

I don't understand this advice or know if it is a genuine email.

You have PIP, and that should continue. The only reason for someone to apply for Attendance Allowance is when they have reached the State Pension Age and don't already have a PIP award. The Attendance Allowance will not replace your wife's carer's allowance.

Gary will read this later and correct me if he is aware of something different, but I find it very odd.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292937 by colin123456
Replied by colin123456 on topic Evaluation
Thank you for your answer, I have reached retirement age do I need to apply for attendance allowance now, and if so would they make me have another evaluation

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292946 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Evaluation
Hi colin123456

From reading your post, I assume that you are in receipt of PIP and therefore you cannot claim Attendance Allowance. Answer to your question is you do not need to apply for AA as you are in receipt of PIP.

As BIS has rightly pointed out, Attendance Allowance is for claimants over state pension age who have not already made a disability claim and needs help with care needs.

Your wife can still claim carers allowance until she reaches state pension age.

We would advise you to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: colin123456, KABTT

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.