× Members

I’m running out of time!

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292899 by JLP
I’m running out of time! was created by JLP
Hi, I filled in my PIP review form in November 23. My current PIP claim will expire in early August. Today I’ve had a text saying they are looking into it and it says you may still need an assessment with a health professional. Won’t that take months if I’ve got to see someone. Does this mean it may expire and they will carry on paying me? Or will they have to deal with it before the end of my claim? I’m very worried at this late stage. Thanks for any advice
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292912 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic I’m running out of time!
Hi JLP

They should continue to pay you until your review is complete - but as they haven't informed you of this - you should ring the DWP to check.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: JLP, VIA

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292934 by JLP
Replied by JLP on topic I’m running out of time!
They say they will continue to pay me. Just can’t believe how long it takes to look a review form.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292936 by traceytracey
Replied by traceytracey on topic I’m running out of time!
Hi JLP,
when this happened to me, I called them and was told that once it reached 30, or 35 days before your award ends (can't remember exactly) then they will send out a letter with an extension, but I would call them to make sure

Good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: JLP, VIA

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.