× Members

Phone call update 😁

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293027 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Phone call update 😁
Anji,
The other thing one can hope as a result of complaints like yours, is that the management might, just might, weed out duff assessors or check more often. At least you can feel satisfied you have done your bit to try to make that happen. By so doing you're helping those who just can't manage to put in complaints.
best wishes,
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo, Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293073 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic Phone call update 😁
Denby, that is a very good point. At least if they get a ticking off they will be less likely to make the same mistake again.

I am convinced the assessor had written most of the report before the assessment, based on the one sentence in a GP letter that my son's symptoms were below the threshold for diagnosis. In the context of the rest of the letter this was quite obviously a mistake - his test results were worsening not improving for starters - but she quoted it several times. I think she saw that and thought "0 points" and wrote most of it beforehand. Although the report was quite brief, there's no way she could have written it all as we spoke, and before the end of the phone call she said she had submitted it to the DWP.

The other thing that was really poor practice was that she was making statements as if they were fact such as "no evidence of working memory problems". She was a pharmacist, so should not have been 'diagnosing' psychological issues. And DWP took it all as gospel.

The whole thing was a shambles! So if she gets a good talking to about it, then hopefully the next time she will think twice about her statements.

Capita have not acknowledged my complaint yet...so I will need to be on that I can see!!!

Anji
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Wendy Woo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid