× Members

PIP Assessment

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292963 by Clueless_
PIP Assessment was created by Clueless_
Just had my pip assessment today and although I feel it went ok I’m not confident that it will reflect my issues properly. I said I was recording at the start and she said that I would have to send them a copy of the recording or reschedule another date (this was already a reschedule) so that they could record? I’ve never heard of this and I’m fairly sure I don’t have to send them a copy, could someone shed some light please. Also wasn’t expecting her to ask the questions in a different order to what they were laid out like in the ‘How your condition affects you’ form. Felt like I was scrambling to find my notes for each question and gave up half way through because I was finding it hard to concentrate on listening and looking for my notes; so I gave the best description of my MH that I could in relation to her questions but don’t feel like I did a good enough job! I’m not all that confident and now have to wait 6-8 weeks to find out. I don’t think I can deal with the stress of having to appeal if I have to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292980 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Assessment
Hi Clueless_

Don't forget to contact DWP in 48 hours time to request a copy of the assessors report called a PA4.

I personally would not have mentioned that I was recording the assessment.

There is a small window for you to write to the Decision Maker but you will need to be quick.

When you have the assessors report, you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and you will now be able to argue against them.

I usually use a highlighter to highlight any inaccuracies, once you have gone through the report you then set out why you are applying for a MR and go through each descriptor one at a time why you disagree with the assessor and try and match it with any supporting documents you may have sent in.

Understand that the assessor is offering an opinion when they say 'in my opinion' you can do the PIP activities, tackling these head-on is unlikely to be successful, you need to show that the basis of that opinion is founded on incorrect information, so try and refer to your evidence to undermine what they have said, remember they are just an opinion which is not based on fact.

Also, try and stick to issues that lead to your scoring points, I often hear members referring to the assessors spelling, as an example, whilst it may show a lack of professionalism, raising it as an issue isn't going to help you get an award.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation.

Lastly, make sure that you understand the criteria that you are being assessed against you can put the best case forward that is possible but you won't score points if you do not meet the PIP Descriptors.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: #boo#tas#

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293050 by Hazel
Replied by Hazel on topic PIP Assessment
Try not to worry - I felt the same after my phone assessment, but a week later when I phoned to ask for a copy of the PA4, they said a decision had been made and I got the letter the same day. There were a few things I didn't agree they got right but most of it was right and I did get the enhanced mobility and standard living needs.

Maybe wait to see if they ask you for a copy of the recording. I phoned to ask them to record it before my phone assessment and was told it was too late for that but I could record it myself if I wanted. Which I did, but didn't say anything.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid