× Members

Should I be able to go back and edit previous sections in the PIP2 form

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292964 by velvet
I know this sounds stupid but I am stuck. I use online forms because I forget stuff and have to go back and add it. I am trying to get the PIP 2 form done with the first bit about your health - it turns out that now you put each condition and its effects separately. So I have done the "how your condition affects you" box but forgot my previous prescription for tramadol so have gone back to add it. I type it in and hit save and continue and it promptly tells me there is a problem with the service and to try again later. Well I have been trying again repeatedly for 2 days and it keeps doing the same thing. I tried seeing what would happen if I added some more info so have added asthma but then it makes it really difficult to go back at all and tries to go from "do you have any other conditions" to the first page list where it tells me I have completed the about my health bit - which I haven't I still have another 2 conditions after the asthma
And now joy of joys it is telling me I will be locked out for 60 minutes because I have not added anything despite my repeated attempts to save the new information I have added.

I like to think I know my way around computers and stuff but am I being particularly dense here and missing something? I mean I can go forward and add the rest of the sections (and will no doubt forget bits that I need to go back and add) but that means the form is incomplete because you know I have bleeping memory issues.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292981 by Gary
Hi velvet

I cannot answer your post as I have never completed an online application.

I know that our members will be able to give you the answer as to what you are looking for.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: velvet

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292995 by Sidhu123
Hi, maybe go to the end after all your symptoms etc and where it says additional try to add it in there. You can I believe add Upto 5000 words of additional information. Worth a try. Normally it should let u save and go back where you hit the change button and re add or take away what you wrote. Hope this helps

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293044 by velvet
The being able to go back is what I thought. Have not been able to touch it today - will have another go tomorrow but at this rate I am going to have to ask for an extension because I cannot get the damn form to work
(excuse strong language)

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293047 by Hazel
Hi. I did the online one recently and had a lot of issues at the start but later it was ok. That first section is confusing. If it asks if you want to add anything else, it looks like you've started all over again, because it doesn't show what you originally put. So I kept trying to start it over and over and once I clicked "nothing else to add" or whatever, that section was available to view - and I'd done it over and over lol. But once it's completed, then you can go back and edit it. I hope that makes sense. The sections after that are easier because they're not asking if you want to add more info all the time.

If it's saying there's a problem with the service, it's just a case of waiting - these things do go offline sometimes. If it's locked you out for 60 minutes, did you put the wrong password in maybe?

Maybe give it a day and try again and finish the first section by saying nothing more to add. Then when that section is complete, you can go back and delete repeated pages or add a new page of info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: velvet, Gary

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293163 by velvet
I can confirm it is the way the first section works - which is really daft. As soon as you hit "no" to more conditions it lets you change the stuff you have put in.

Thank you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid