× Members

New Style ESA

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292965 by Gill
New Style ESA was created by Gill
I've paid enough NI contributions but I haven't been able to work for the past 4 years.
Just been told by DHSS that I can't claim ESA?
(Can't claim income based esa due to partner earnings)
Is this correct?
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292982 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic New Style ESA
Hi Gill

What you have been told is correct.

To apply for NS ESA, you must have;

1) in one of the two relevant tax years, paid, or be treated as having paid, Class1 contributions (and worked and paid in at least 26 weeks in one of these years), or paid, or be treated as having paid, Class 2 contributions, at least 26 times the lower earnings limit; and

2) during both the relevant tax years, paid, be treated as having paid, or been credited with Class 1 or 2 contributions at least 50 times the lower earnings limit.

Relevant Tax Years: the relevant years are the last 2 complete tax years (6 April - 5 April) before the current benefit year.

Benefit Year: runs from the first Sunday in January.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.