× Members

Work assessment appointment

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292979 by Rosie45**
Work assessment appointment was created by Rosie45**
Is it possible to ask for a paper assessment for work capability ?
My daughter is already receiving U.C and higher PIP and mobility. She can't do a f to f appointment as she has various mental health problems which mean if she did go to the appointment, she would find it incredibly difficult and would be very upset by the process.
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #292989 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Work assessment appointment
Hi Rosie45**

yes it is possible, you need supporting documents, ideally you will want a letter from a medical professional stating that your daughter suffers from overwhelming Psychological distress (OPD).

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293032 by Rosie45**
Replied by Rosie45** on topic Work assessment appointment
I thought you could, but ive phoned them today and asked 2 different people and they both said no I couldn't have a paper one, so now she has to attend the f tof as it's tomorrow, and I know she will be distressed by it all. They haven't even given us the address or directions to the place! It's appalling they treat you like this.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293049 by Gary
Hi Rosie45**

They have to give you 7 days notice, if they have not told you where it is, how are you meant to get there?

You need to phone up and make a formal complaint if you have not been given an address. You may want to try and get your MP involved although tomorrow would not be a good day to try and contact.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293095 by Rosie45**
Replied by Rosie45** on topic Work assessment appointment
We had to attend in the end and the lady was very nice and understanding, but she dragged up all of my daughters history. Her suicide attempts, her being sectioned, her self harm. My daughter was extremely distressed and crying with it all. When I took her home, I was afraid to leave her as her mood was so low.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293108 by Gary
Hi Rosie45**

It sounds so very distressing, how have you coped, seeing your daughter distressed.

You need to also take care of yourself, quite often on the forum we read what parents and friends go through to help their loved ones but who takes care of the parents and friends?

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.