× Members

Review

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293034 by FionaS
Review was created by FionaS
Can anyone explain to me why previously with a long standing complex health history which includes hemiplegic migraines which leaves me with complete muscle weakness down one side which affects speech, confusion basically mimics a stroke. The paralysis can last up to a week and I have even crashed my car into a hedge trying to get home before the symptoms took over. It has increased over time to the point I was admitted to hospital with a GCS of 3 and also I have other serious medical issues which include suffering with many admissions of cholangitis/biliary sepsis which has been aggravated by fault of medical staff which nearly cost me my life. Which leaves me now to continue with a colostomy. I have major anxiety when being told I have to go into hospital due to the trauma and I am proud to say I work the best I can for the nhs when I can. It total I have had 844 days off sick from Jan 2020 to Jan 2024 but I am not able to withstand the stress and I am completely exhausted to the point I can’t even manage finances to ordering a take away! Having an impact on my relationship and my paperwork is actually in the hands of a solicitor how do I go from 12 points higher rate mobility to 2?? When I rang I couldn’t believe that the person who actually scores in the end is not medical though I was advised they are “trained “ . So coming up to 12 weeks to hearing from my submitted reconsideration after reading on here I am not holding my breath. I will fight to go to a tribunal but would really appreciate some good guidance/advice. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #293063 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Review
Hi FionaS

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

We cannot answer your initial question as we do not know your circumstances, what we would say is have you contacted DWP and asked for a copy of the assessors report called a PA4. Once you have the report you will then be able to see how the decision makers has made their decision.

You will need this report if you decide to go to a tribunal.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid