× Members

Homeless query

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293188 by Souter
Homeless query was created by Souter
Hi, first I really appreciate if anyone can give advise. I got into thousands of debt when I retired and could not afford my mortgage and factor fees. I am waiting on a case worker to phone .
I was getting taken to court to take possession of my property. A few days ago my sisters friend knew someone looking for my area and she has bought the flat. I have made no money from this after paying my debt. I am worried they will not see me as homeless but I have no where to go.
My doctor has written a letter saying I need sheltered housing because of my medical conditions. They contacted me to say I did not qualify as I have falls sometimes . They said they do not have carers . I said they had a nurse call system which goes through to a call centre. I know this because my cousin lives there. I am really glad I have got out of the debt but I now have no where to go. Thank you for reading this. I live in Glasgow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293202 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Homeless query
Hi Souter

I'm sorry this is an ongoing issue for you, but you know that we don't deal with housing at all. Apart from directing you to Shelter - in Scotland - there's nothing else I can say. I hope that they phone you back with the help you need.

scotland.shelter.org.uk/

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid