× Members

Random capita phone call

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #293374 by andyc1967
Random capita phone call was created by andyc1967
Hello everyone,
I have just had a phone call without warning from capita asking what assessment I would prefer? I wasn’t aware that you had a choice but said a telephone assessment was the best option other than no assessment at all. The phone call only lasted a minute and the caller only asked what assessment I wanted and a couple of brief questions about my mental health. Is this normal procedure before you get a telephone assessment? Also they have been given a gp report from a dr I haven’t seen in eight years? Will this count against me?
Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293393 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Random capita phone call
Hi andyc1967

It is not common for them to ask what type of assessment claimants would like, but it is quite common for assessors to ring claimants before the assessment takes place.

When the DWP/Capita contact a GP - they ask for the form to be filled in. It's not your fault if it has been completed by someone you haven't seen for eight years. It shouldn't count against you. The only issue is that you won't know whether what the GP has said is accurate.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 1 week ago #293430 by andyc1967
Replied by andyc1967 on topic Random capita phone call
Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid