× Members

UC lcwra

More
2 months 1 week ago #293402 by Annie333
UC lcwra was created by Annie333
I have been given the LCWRA for UC due to a physical condition and an associated mental health issue. The appointments are discribed as voluntary. This is the first month that I recieved the increased amount . The job center advisor over the phone asked me about the mental health issues and treatments and has now given me more frequent appointments . I was not given the limited capacity because of mental health but because of a physical illness . The assessment was granted on that alone I have a copy of the assessment. Also I was not aware that job centre staff could request confidential medical information from you.
Can you advuse if I have to continue with these appointmenst if they are described as voluntary. If I have to advise them of a change in treatment ? The physical condition I have is not going to get better that was accepted by the nurse who assessed me in April this year and she put my condition as needing a "medium review" date . The LCWRA was given due to that. The change they want to know about is that i have gone from weekly counselling in one service to cope with my physical condition to monthly from another service. is this their business and surely this is confidential information ? Do I have a right to not share this ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293412 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC lcwra
Hi Annie333

We cannot answer your question as we do not know how your disability affects you.

We would advise you to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk , they will be able to take all your circumstances into consideration.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 1 week ago #293421 by Annie333
Replied by Annie333 on topic UC lcwra
Thank you I will do that. Is there anyone who has had a similar experience ?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid