× Members

PIP Renewal

More
2 months 1 week ago #293422 by ST
PIP Renewal was created by ST
Hi,
My brain fog is on fire trying to do my PIP renewal and really struggling to make it concise. So apologies if this doesn't make much sense.

My query is - the form refers to
'When we last looked at your award on X date'

'Tell us is something has changed and approximately when'

Should I be referencing that it was looked at a later date at tribunal where I got awarded more points so that I got standard living?

And under the 'Has something Changed' question for each other them. There are some questions even at tribunal I firmly believe I met the descriptors and should have got points so as to have got Enhanced Living.

So 'I' haven't actually changed as such for some descriptors but they just didn't award me points previously. Do I address this here? Or just continue on and write the same thing I did last time under 'How do you manage this activity now?'

I've typed the majority of my answers (probably a bit too detailed) and they simply don't fit in the paper document sent but keen to make sure they don't overlook what I believe were missing points previously.

I am particularly concerned in case they try to dock points in another area where I have seen (very slight small improvement) due to ongoing treatment.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #293425 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Renewal
Hi ST

Your post makes perfect sense - so don't worry about it. And don't worry about adding pages to your review form. - most people do. If you don't put in enough explanation you will always worry you didn't say enough.

Now as to the dates. I would go with what they are saying - eg when they last looked at it as your starting point. However, there are questions which you then won at the Tribunal, and you can point that out. Remember though your condition had not 'changed' - the Tribunal just made another decision. Wherever you were not previously awarded points, repeat what you originally said, remind them that this has been ongoing since you last submitted a form, and emphasise which of the criteria you meet. Don't waste time arguing about last time because you are not submitting an MR and you want them to focus on your current health.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid