× Members

fightback opinions

More
1 month 1 week ago #293719 by mumsgirl
fightback opinions was created by mumsgirl
Can I have peoples opinions please? Should I trust myself or pay Fightback to fill in my ADP review form? They filled in my form the last time but they only filled in the boxes on the form. I wasn't allowed to add extra sheets explaining things, so I personally felt things were missing but they said we provided enough info.. My points remained the same as the previous time (which was done by myself and checked over by welfare rights, who is no longer around). I contacted them again to do this review form and they want to charge me more than £100 and they said again I can't add extra info as it's a coc form so you only write about the changes and write in the box, no need for extra sheets. I don't think I have the confidence to go it alone and worry i'll fail but I just felt their answers were very basic last time and I got no extra points and less time than my previous form. But they are a professional company with qualified people running it so I they know better than me and that's why I think I will end up paying them. What would you do? And has anyone had experience of them? TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #293731 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic fightback opinions
Hi mumsgirl

I have not heard of Fightback, so I cannot offer an opinion.

Members of the forum may have used Fightback , we will wait to see what replies we receive.

We do not promote any agencies, if you use a third party to help with your application you need to take due diligence.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mumsgirl

More
1 month 1 week ago #293743 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic fightback opinions
Hello Mumsgirl,

Sorry I’ve lost my post, apologies to the mods if I’ve accidentally posted twice.

Apologies, I can’t help with fightback as I’ve only ever had help from WR. But you can do this.

In 2020 I lost my award. WR were so busy that I couldn’t even get through to them on the phone. I did a MR where I went from 0-10 points. It was then that it dawned on me that for years I’d just been grateful for any award. I just sat back & let WR get on with all the hard work, not thinking to question anything, or dare try for a higher award. But DWP had p****d me right off this time & I went in for the kill. So off I went to the tribunal, & I got an enhanced award for the first time ever. All thanks to the knowledge of B&W, & the support of my wonderful people on B&W.

You go girl, we’ve got your back!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mumsgirl, denby, Wendy Barnard, LL26

More
1 month 1 week ago #293751 by The Dog Mother
Replied by The Dog Mother on topic fightback opinions
Hi,I've seen them on Facebook.
Never used them,I go it alone.
Nobody knows your conditions like you do. And how they make you feel.
Judging by what you've written I'm afraid any confidence I might have had in them is gone
You ,in my opinion, can never put too much , I always include dozens of extra written evidence pages. If they don't read it,they don't read it, but it's there, and can help greatly if it needs to go to tribunal. My sister in law writes it all out for me ,I dictate it.
She knows my conditions v well and will ask me if she can add relevant bits I might have forgotten. I'll bet you could do it yourself,esp if you are not particularly impressed with how things went .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith, mumsgirl, denby, Wendy Barnard, LL26, mel0308

More
1 month 1 week ago #293785 by boris1
Replied by boris1 on topic fightback opinions
I used fightback once and had my award reduced after I submitted the form they completed on my behalf.
I managed to get it overturned by doing a mr myself.
Never again would I use them and obviously my advise is to steer well clear of them or any other organisation who charges.
Consider getting help from cab, a local welfare rights organisation or do the claim yourself if you are able by using the guidance on here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mumsgirl, LL26, mel0308

More
1 month 1 week ago #293794 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic fightback opinions
Hi mumsgirl

As Gary says, we don't promote any agencies. I've not heard of them, so I can't comment on them.

I do want to comment on something you said. I know that you're scared and think you can't complete the form yourself. If that's the case, you should get help. However, please don't undersell yourself. You are the expert on your condition and how it affects you. While a stranger may be able to complete a perfectly good form, you said last time that you were disappointed they would not allow you to add extra information. It's up to you what you decide to do - but make sure that you are happy with the conditions of the firm that you are working with.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mumsgirl, Wendy Barnard, mel0308

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.