× Members

Migration to universal credit

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #293752 by janice
Migration to universal credit was created by janice
I am on PIP and Housing & council tax benefits.

I have received the migration letter instructing me to apply by October. I am so anxious about the best way to do this.

Am I best to do this immediately?
Should I use the CAB help to apply UC service?
I’m sure all this seems obvious to others but in my head and current situation it feels as if there are pitfalls everywhere. Advice appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #293755 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Migration to universal credit
Hi janice,

You get up to 3 months to move before your claim is closed - if you use the website www.turn2us.org.uk/
they should be able to advise you on whether it's better for you holding out longer or not, based on what income you'll receive.

Hope this helps, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: janice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.