× Members

Pip new application

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293886 by hicky1
Pip new application was created by hicky1
Hi my husband is currently working his way through his application form for pip it’s a new application he is looking at what written evidence he has to submit. He’s got his prescription list and a statement from myself his GP said she will wait for the dwp to write to her for a report I’m not even sure if they will contact the gp. We have found a report from 2021 from his physio which does give a diagnosis etc but what concerns me is the report does say that after a course of sessions he was discharged as the physio didn’t feel he would benefit from the sessions anymore but to do exercises at home for pain management then goes on to say he was 70% improved after doing physio. My fear is this will go against him as he is a lot worse today than he was back then even with doing the exercises prescribed he has chosen to apply for pip now due to the how much more restricted he is now compare to then. I’m really at a loss as whether to submit the evidence or not any advice would be appreciated
Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293901 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip new application
Hi hicky1

I would never send in a support letter such as the one you mentioned as it will be used against you.

I frequently don't include care plans due to the wording in them which I class as grey words like "sometimes".

You do need to vet what supporting documents you send in.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: hicky1, VIA

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293916 by VIA
Replied by VIA on topic Pip new application
Hello hicky1,

I too have had to not send evidence because somewhere in the letter something was said that could be used against me.

If yoiu click on my name, it should bring you to some extensive posts I have posted here with ways of getting evidence such as logging in to your GP system online, using internal communication that goes in your favour, etc.
Maybe some of my suggestions will be helpful to you.
Best wishes
The following user(s) said Thank You: hicky1

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293920 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip new application
Hi Hicky1

If you are worried that something might be used against your husband - you should not include it. Gary is right - reports often use words like "sometimes' in them and can be very damaging.

I always use the example of a letter from a local mental health team that said, "X is not well enough to work at the moment." I did not include the letter in a review form because this was for someone who was never, ever going to be well enough to work, and I didn't want the DWP to get the wrong impression—which, with those three words "at the moment," they would have done.

Always vet every line of what medical professionals have written. Remember, when they wrote their assessment, they made clinical observations and didn't expect their words to be twisted by the DWP.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, hicky1, VIA

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293922 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Pip new application
H, you just have to choose your words carefully. Dr’s …. can’t remember everything, but some of the things they write about us don’t do us any favours whatsoever. I know of someone who rarely drinks alcohol, but when asked they’d said that they drank a pint if out for a meal. The letter said that the patient enjoyed socializing, & drank several pints 3 times weekly. It was such a shame as that letter had everything on it, & it would’ve saved sending lots of separate letters, but of course it couldn’t be used.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hicky1, VIA, Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid