× Members

DWP say they have not received my sons PIP review but I have proof of delivery

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293891 by Lynda Fox
Hi,

My son has just received a letter from the DWP saying they have ended his PIP, because they have not received his review form. However, we have royal mail proof of delivery 4 days before the (extended) deadline.

We tried phoning the PIP line but the line closed before our call was answered.

What do we need to do to sort this out?

Thanks,

Lynda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293896 by Gary
Hi Lynda

Welcome to the forum.

Your forum name appears to be your real name, I would advise you to change it to protect your anonymity. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum

The first thing to do is to check when the package was delivered and who signed for it, once you have this information call DWP and inform them of the information you have.

Post sent to DWP do go missing, they receive thousands of letters everyday, which is why we say, always send any post to DWP by recorded delivery, and keep a copy of what you sent, it has happened to me a few times, I just re print what I sent and send it again by recorded delivery. That way your claim should not be cancelled.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark65, Lynda Fox

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #293897 by Andrew
Hi Lynda,

Proof of delivery, in DWP terms, doesn`t mean much. When you post to DWP your letter / forms go to a (Royal Mail - I believe) "collection office" (for want of an expression) where it`s signed for. After that it needs to be scanned into the DWP system. If DWP say they don`t have it, it might still be in the process of being scanned or it has been "lost" in the "collection office".

I can`t offer any help on how you resolve this, but I can offer you hope that you do get it resolved.

Andy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary, Lynda Fox

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid