× Members

Pip Award

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294146 by SherryCatMum
Pip Award was created by SherryCatMum
Hi

So I got my Pip awarded, from early 2nd April, I got the DWP text and a kind lady from DWP rang me to pre warn me and let me know I got my award for ER both, but its only for 18 months, as they wanted to see if there was any improvement or decline, and thats fair. I wont dispute that.

Its a shame its only 18 months for now, but I'm ready and prepared for the review and to prep for it fully and not just be minimal.
So for now I am relieved, I am waiting on the PA4 aswell as the DWP letter and I xan use those as a point of my own reference with my current PIp info and GP and medical stuff updated consistently, and add or detract how it affects me if needed when the review form comes in next year.

I'm going to treat it as a brand new form just to be sure so nothing is missed out.
I will also be asking it to be recorded again.

I wanted to ask, do we still get assessed on the phone (my choice of recorded contact) for reviews?

And I wanted to thank the admin team for helping out and for the guides which are precise.

I may need your help in a few weeks for my daughters LCWRA claim as she is on ER both and is autistic and has complex mental health and physical difficulties diagnosed conditions that affect her life in a significant way, and I am her full time carer now (CA).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294168 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip Award
Hi SherryCatMum

The majority of review assessments are conducted by telephone, but a small number of people are being invited to a face-to-face interview, and some people have been invited to a video assessment. A smaller number of people get given a paper-based assessment. If you're not happy with the type of assessment asked for PIP, you can always request a change (but they don't have to agree). Several members have reported successfully changing their face-to-face assessments to telephone assessments.

Please be aware that we are taking a break from the forum at the end of this week. However, we'll be back at the beginning of September if you need help with your daughter's forms.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 1 week ago #294236 by SherryCatMum
Replied by SherryCatMum on topic Pip Award
H Bis Thank you, I got my letter today and its awarded until 2027. So Im happy, but tbh not happy with the points on the descriptors but bygones etc.

I will check all the guides for the LCWRA I have 2 weeks to prepare my paperwork and notes and medical references etc for that, the PIP assesment is a good basis on that aswell in regards to notes on my daughters side.
Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.