× Members

Migration from ESA Support group to UC

More
1 month 1 week ago #294205 by Perdita
I am v concerned about the migtation, is it still happening in September. I cannot leave the house and cannot do any face to face. I could not go to a job centre and could not have a home visit. The ID - how does this happen for people like me? Will I be able to do the migration process completely remotely?Anyone else in this situation?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #294214 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Migration from ESA Support group to UC
Hi Perdita

Migration is still happening, I assume from your post that you are claiming IR ESA and not CB ESA. If you are claiming CB ESA then you will not be affected.

If you are claiming IR ESA then you will be affected, what you have to do is wait for the migration letter then contact DWP, they do have a visiting service who can come to you to help you claim, contact details will be on the migration letter, if you need extra support.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 1 week ago #294230 by cbrad
Replied by cbrad on topic Migration from ESA Support group to UC
Is it still the case that if you receive both IR ESA and CB ESA and you DON’T apply for UC on receiving your migration letter that your IR ESA will stop but your CB ESA will continue. Thank you.

More
1 month 1 week ago #294244 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Migration from ESA Support group to UC
Hi cbrad

Yes it is true, UC replaces means tested legacy benefits, whereas contribution benefits are not affected.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.