× Members

UC50 form not received

More
2 months 3 days ago #294275 by Sherlock63
UC50 form not received was created by Sherlock63
Hi

I returned hubbies UC50 Form on 10th Aug 1st class signed for but it's not been received cut off was 14th, what is generally the next thing to happen I have contacted the health assesment place and they said they allow extra time I also put a note on the UC journal to advise the same but today have had a reply to say its not been received and passed to a decision maker totally confused now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 days ago #294290 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC50 form not received
Hi Sherlock63

Don't panic these things do happen, which is why we always advise claimants to send items to the DWP by recorded delivery.

You say in your post that you sent off the UC50 form by recorded delivery, if you sent them by Royal Mail, check their website, put in the RD reference number, it will tell you if the item was delivered and who signed for it.

Once you have this information you can go back to DWP with the information.

When items are received by DWP, there may be a delay from receiving the item and putting it on their system, sometimes at this stage items get lost. They receive thousands of items each day.

I always advise claimants to check with DWP that it has been added to the system 48 hours after posting, checking first that it has been delivered and signed for.

Did you take a copy of your application form and supporting documents, if your documents have been lost, and it has happened to me on a few occasions, DWP will ask you to re-send the form and you will not be penalised for late delivery, just make sure you send it by recorded delivery again.

Gary

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.