× Members

Finally over

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #294321 by KABTT
Finally over was created by KABTT
Hi all, just to say my decision letter came through, just as I was thinking MR - how to go about it etc. I'd discussed PIP with my GP who felt my medical history indicated the the lower award on mobility and daily living. I was surprised to see the DWP concurred. Shocked actually, had nearly a year of strain (Oct 23 to Aug 24) since forced migration over my partner SP age. I'd informed DWP a few months before he got it so assumed they'd just make my ESA a single claim. But it triggered off a few visits to the local JC, where I once worked ( to go in there shabby and ill was humiliating) and much form filling and then the WCA call.

Not to forget a sudden call from the local council - a compliance officer? she advised me to start a online UC claim ( on my partners birthday) immediately as HB stopped that day, that hour as we were no longer entitled to HB, so more forms that evening.

Going by the medical report sent to the DWP ( it didn't reflect the tape recording of the interview - I've worked for Ipsos MORI and nurses in a private hospital) I was prepared for a struggle, even tribunal. Further the PIP decision letter said they'd give me a "light" review later - not a specified date as I'd expected. It's been such a weight off my shoulders.

Through it all this site has pulled me through, been v unwell through it all and still no nearer to a consultant appt till after Christmas. Hard to see a doctor now - even my GP who is a decent sort. I know others on here are just as unwell and under review/assessment pressure so don't give up, read others experience and the mods considered advice on here to keep strong.

I'll stay a member of B&W because it's an invaluable site, the system is constantly changing and I feel in good company here. Good luck to those currently waiting, don't forget the guides here can help enormously. Thanks to those mods who've answered my questions too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #294431 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Finally over
Hi KABTT

Many congratulations. So glad to hear that you have received the award you were hoping for - and no MR needed, particularly after the challenging time you have been having.

Thank you for your advice to other members - which I know they will find useful.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid