× Members

Migration: CB ESA (Legacy) Support Group & New ESA

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #294329 by MariW
I'm getting worried again about the removal of “legacy” benefits.

I claim legacy CB ESA (Support Group). Nothing else. I receive £138.20 per week. I've just read this:

ucmove.campaign.gov.uk/universal-credit/...ly-universal-credit/

There is no mention of legacy CB ESA recipients not receiving a letter about the UC transfer. Only people on New ESA appear "safe" despite the emphatic advice of Gordon some months ago:

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-...n-based-esa?start=12

I am not entitled to UC or anything means-tested.

I read this on another forum:

“Those claiming New Style ESA or the old Contributions based ESA will not be migrated because neither of those are part of UC. Those claiming the old contributions based ESA will have their claim changed to New Style ESA automatically.”

Can you explain what might happen? I haven't paid NI contributions for thirty years. I've only been in recent of NI credits from ESA and the benefits it replaced.

Thank you,

Mari W

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #294458 by Gary
Hi MariW

Your CB benefits will not be affected by UC, UC only affects legacy means tested benefits, so do not worry.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.