× Members

Still Waiting For PIP Decision

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #294363 by killbot99
Still Waiting For PIP Decision was created by killbot99
I sent off my PIP renewal forms in March 2024, my 3 year award expires next month. I had a text back in March to say they had received it but nothing since then. My last two renewals have been paper based only. Last time I chased it in 2021, after 5 months, they had made a decision but hadn't informed me, someone hadn't updated the system.

I'm wondering if the same thing has happened again or if I'm still in a backlog. Its been 6 months, is it worth chasing up or shall I just continue waiting. Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #294428 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Still Waiting For PIP Decision
Hi killbot99

As your award is due to expire next month I would ring them ASAP to find out what is going on. You don't want to find yourself left with no money. I expect they will tell you that they will continue to pay you until the decision has been made - but you want them to tell you this!

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: killbot99, VIA

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #294444 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic Still Waiting For PIP Decision
By coincidence I had a letter from DWP over the weekend to say my PIP has been extended for a year as no decision has been made. So at least I'm still being paid but the wait continues. I'm guessing this is becoming more commonplace.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #294445 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic Still Waiting For PIP Decision
Also since submitting review forms I've had two further issues. I have Ehlers Danlos amongst other things and have always had functional and mechanical issues in my feet. I get special orthotics made via NHS which I made a point of mentioning, however I have been experiencing particularly severe pain in my right foot which under x ray has revealed flat feet, osteoarthritis in my arch and a partial dislocation of one of my bones.

I'm awaiting an MRI to see if there is any soft tissue involvement. If the conservative measures dont work I could be looking at foot reconstruction surgery which can take 12 months or more for rehab.

I've also developed rotator cuff issues in right shoulder ( had them in my left a few years ago). Its very painful, interferes with sleep and restricts movement and function of my arm. I'm due a steroid injection soon but worst case scenario could be surgery. I have been referred to orthopaedics in case the injection fails.

I'm just wondering if its worth updating DWP with these diagnosis as although my foot was hurting at the time of the review I was hoping it was a temporary issue that would settle with the new orthotics I collected in May. I did mention it several times but was unaware of the severity or nature of the problem, and the shoulder issue has developed since I sent off the forms.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #294452 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Still Waiting For PIP Decision
Hi Killbot99

Yes we are hearing from members who have been given another extension, at present they are concentrating on new claims.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #294453 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Still Waiting For PIP Decision
Hi Killbot99

You have to have a condition for 3 months and expecting to last 9 months or more.

I would raise your new condition when you have an assessment. As you have stated, you were unaware of the severity or nature of the problem when you initially sent the review form off.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.