× Members

Still Waiting For PIP Decision

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #294511 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic Still Waiting For PIP Decision
I've had the foot problem since summer 2023 and as its now been diagnosed as osteoarthritis as well as flat feet then its here for the long term. I dont think there are any quick fixes. It could well entail extensive surgery.

I've been lucky enough to get paper based assessments on my last 2 PIP renewals so just wondered if it was worth submitting the new diagnosis. I already get high rate mobility but it just adds extra evidence about my ongoing difficulties.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #294518 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Still Waiting For PIP Decision
Hi Killbot99

If you submit a new diagnosis it may trigger a change of circumstances and you will be sent a new form to complete, as you already get the enhanced mobility, is this additional stress really worth it for no gain, you could be awarded standard rate or even no award.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: killbot99

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #294547 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic Still Waiting For PIP Decision
Thank you, I hadnt considered it might trigger a reassessment, dont want that. I suppose I was just ruminating that it was additional evidence to show the ongoing mobility issues I experience as opposed to a new condition.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #294552 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Still Waiting For PIP Decision
Hi killbot99

Any communication with the DWP can be misinterpreted. I'm with Gary - and as you have enhanced mobility, I wouldn't currently go there.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.