× Members

Letter finally arrives.

More
5 days 13 hours ago #294857 by Geranium
Letter finally arrives. was created by Geranium
"wow" after waiting almost 8 weeks, my letter has finally arrived.
Strange that it's worded like I've made a new claim when I haven't, and the amount I'll be receiving hasn't changed either.
The D.W.P. have put me in (or kept me in, would be more accurate) the W.R.A.G. ..(which is where I've been for several years now) and told me they'll be writing to me again with details of my work coach etc (which they haven't done for several years either)
I'm thinking this is pretty much an automated letter, so as long as I stick to their conditions... when.... or more like "if".. they write to me again, then nothing will really change.
My enhancements from receiving higher rate mobility from P.I.P. haven't altered either, which was a concern if I'd been put into the support group, only I'm sure I heard that enhancements aren't added to support group E.S.A. although I could be well wrong on this part.... G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 days 1 hour ago #294880 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Letter finally arrives.
Hi Geranium

I can feel very frustrating being kept in WRAG, remember PIP criteria is different to WCA. To be placed in WRAG, means that you passed the first test, got 15 points or more but failed the second test.

Now that you have had a decision, contact DWP and request a copy of the assessors report called a ESA 85 if you had a telephone or face to face assessment. If it was a paper assessment it is called a ESA85a.

Once you receive the report, go through it with a highlighter, highlighting any errors and wright down why it is an error.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation.

Lastly, make sure that you understand the criteria that you are being assessed against you can put the best case forward that is possible but you won't score points if you do not meet the ESA Descriptors. check our guides for the criteria for the second test ( see page 27 onwards); www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/esa
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/esa

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 days 6 hours ago #295011 by Geranium
Replied by Geranium on topic Letter finally arrives.
Thanks Gary.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid